Most Corporations and Organisations want to develop high potential future leaders and create a mentoring program to empower their top talent. The challenge is where to start?
Why implement a Mentoring Program?
Denis Gianthas a proven track record when he developed and implemented a productive Mentoring program for a Fortune 500 company.
He can help you identify what is needed within your Organisation:
- Develop a mentoring program that encompasses all levels of the organization
- Can connect it with existing programs like Leadership Development programs or craft new programs
- Provide a solution/offering with the appropriate implementation and processes to enable your organisation to sustain a productive mentoring program
How does a Mentoring Program work?
- A Mentor is identified and their strengths assessed
- The Mentor is up-skilled in their coaching skills
- Mentee’s are identified
- Mentee are along with the areas that they would like to work on The Mentee is aligned to an appropriate Mentor for a trial period to make there is the right fit
- Monitoring happens to ensure that the relationship is effective and that both parties are getting value from the program
Corporations look to mentoring to put in place a strategic plan that assists in such things as recruitment, retention, professional development, and diversity training.
The benefits of a successful mentoring program for a corporation are:
- Strategic business initiatives
- Employee retention
- Lowered turnover costs
- Improving productivity
- Employee growth and skill development
- Professional development
A mentor/mentee relationship is primarily focused on the mentees’ professional and personal growth. The mentor is not there to evaluate the mentee’s work performance in the sense of job retention, but rather provides the mentee a safe environment to improve on their existing skills to be even a more valuable employee to the corporation. This creates a win/win environment for all involved.